Now that you have gained the “black belt” of recreational diving what’s next? If you feel that you have more to learn and more to give then why not take your first steps into the professional world of PADI by gaining the Divemaster qualification.
The Divemaster course gives you an insight into the professional world of PADI Instructors teaching you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, confined/open water exercises/workshops and hands-on practical assessment. You will develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Divemaster course pre requisites:
- Students must be 18 years old
- Students must hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver qualification (or qualifying certification from another training organization).
- Students must hold a PADI Rescue Diver qualification (or qualifying certification from another training organization).
- Hold a valid Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care qualification (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) completed within the past 24 months.
- Minimum of 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 logged dives by the end of the course in order to receive certification.
- Be physically fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
PADI Divemaster crewpack which includes:
- PADI Divemaster manual
- Divemaster slates,
- PADI Instructor Manual,
- The Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Log
- DSD Cue Cards
- PADI Pro Bag
- PADI Divemaster Application and Hologram
Our Divemaster course is run on an Internship basis and takes between 1-6 months and includes mainly weekends and some weekday/evenings to complete. We understand that personal commitments may mean that you are unable to make all scheduled lessons. If this is the case then we can provide tailored Divemaster program schedules over a shorter period.
As a Divemaster in training you should by now have all the necessary diving equipment. If this is not the case then we can provide you with equipment at an additional cost (hire equipment is available through Haven Diving Services).
Divemaster Internship £590.00pp
Additional costs- membership fees to PADI on completion of course (contact Haven Diving Services for up to date PADI Divemaster membership fee).
Entry fees for dive sites during internship (inland quarry dive sites in the event of poor sea conditions).